Sunday, June 26, 2011

Last Hurrah

To borrow a line from the monkeys in Madagascar, "If you have any poo, fling it now." 

We have three days left here and are trying to absorb as much as we can of what we have to grown to love about this place.  It seems like forever since we have been in St. Paul, but just yesterday that we were packing to come here and wondering what we were getting ourselves into.  It is tough that it's coming to an end, but I guess the good news is that, if you exclude our savings account, we should make it back reasonably unscathed.

As I walked this morning to get milk for breakfast, it struck me that even after five months here I am still in awe of the peace and charm of this city.  The pictures below are of some of the fountains that are in all of the old town squares that add to that peace and charm.  As they say here, "Ljubljana je lepo mesto."  It truly is a beautiful city, and we are fortunate to have been able to experience it the way that we did.





2 comments:

  1. I can feel the heaviness in your heart as I read this. It's been an amazing adventure. Thanks for inviting me along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a wonderful journey. We have seen some truly amazing things and have met some wonderfully beautiful people. I am very sad to be leaving and will miss the peace and romance of Ljubljana.

    But I cannot wait to share all of our stories with you. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete