Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Seriously? Bo Ryan?


On Monday, our class site visit was to Ljubljana Technology Park, which houses about 300 companies.  To kick off our visit, the director gave us the standard “Introduction to Technology Park” presentation.  He came to a slide with their motto, which is “Shut the #@&! Up and Get Back to Work” (apparently, using that word in formal situations is a little more acceptable here…he actually used it more than once).  On the slide, the motto was accompanied by the picture below.


My first reaction was, “Hey, Bo Ryan!”  My second was, “What are the odds of that?”  Of all the sports figures from all over the world they could have put in their presentation, they had a Badger.  And a low-profile one at that.  I think I read a Time-Life book about this a while back.

Who woulda thunk?  One thing I’m certain of is I’m the only person who has ever seen that presentation and recognized the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment