Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Follow-Up

Dad and I stayed up until 4:30 last night to watch the game (Mom and Chantelle opted for sleep)...I'm not sure when the last time either of us was up that late on purpose.  What I read about ESPN America not being able to fill ad space must have been true: except for a few ads for their own programming, they didn't air a single commercial during the game.  The bulk of commercial breaks were filled with Super Bowl flashbacks.  And Joe Theissman was the commentator.  And there were quite a few audio and camera glitches.

I never pictured watching the Packers win the Super Bowl with my dad in Slovenia in the middle of the night on a somewhat amatueurish telecast.  It will be tough to forget!!

PS - As my son would say, "Not today, Ben Roethlisberger!"

No comments:

Post a Comment