Saturday, July 13, 2013

Srečna Obletnica

Today is my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary.  In honor, I dug up some pictures from 2011, when they so graciously volunteered to help us move over here for the first time.  On that trip, they endured twenty hours of travel with three tired, jetlagged toddlers, and then ten days of mostly cold February rain, including a couple of freezing nights when the heat in their apartment went out…the apartment that we found and reserved for them.

Yet, in that small, trying microcosm of their nearly fifty years of parenting (sorry, Cheryl), I like to think they took away at least a few good memories.  I know that I sure did, not the least of which was staying up with Dad until 4am watching the Packers win Super Bowl XLV.  It doesn’t get much better than that.

Our hearts are in Madison today at the big VandenBurgt-Ebben celebration.  Mom, Dad, have a beautiful day.  You deserve it.


Na Zdravje!






No comments:

Post a Comment